Do Ceiling Fans Help Lower Your Electric Bill?
As our country moves to electrical appliances and electric vehicles (EV), you can expect the cost of electricity to keep rising.
Electricity bills for most homes nationwide increased around 5 percent annually over the past two years, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
How can you counter those increases in your residential Rancho Cordova electric bill?
Try a ceiling fan.
As a trusted local electric company specializing in the installation and servicing of ceiling fans, AAA Electrical Services understands the importance of energy efficiency and cost savings in your home. We’ve been your trusted Sacramento electricians for over 42 years.
Using Ceiling Fans in Winter
Do ceiling fans really help lower your electric bills? The answer is yes!
- By setting your ceiling fan to run clockwise, it pushes warm air, which naturally rises, back down into your living space.
- This redistribution of heat allows you to feel warmer at a lower thermostat setting, potentially lowering your heating costs by as much as 10 percent.
- This not only saves on your electric bill but also reduces the wear and tear on your heating system.
Ceiling Fans in the Summer
In the summer, the opposite approach is effective:
- Setting your ceiling fan to run counterclockwise creates a cool breeze that can make the room feel, on average, up to 8 degrees cooler.
- This perceived decrease in temperature means you can rely less on air conditioning, cutting cooling costs by up to 40 percent.
- Installing a ceiling fan is not just a functional addition to your Sacramento home but also a decorative and energy-efficient feature.
Choosing the Right Ceiling Fan
Ceiling fans come in all shapes and sizes—AAA Electrical Services can help you choose the right one for the size of your room.
The span of the blades plays a lead role—the longer the span, the better the airflow. Here are a few other tips for picking out the right ceiling fan:
- Blade Span: Larger rooms require fans with a longer blade span.
- Installation Height: Install the fan so its blades are about 8 feet from the floor.
- Style and Features: Select a fan that complements your room’s decor and consider features like remote controls for added convenience.
- Energy Efficiency: Look for fans with energy-efficient motors and LED lighting to maximize your savings.
Shaking or Wobbling Ceiling Fans
A wobbling fan makes everyone in the room nervous. You keep wondering, is that fan going to fall down?
A little movement at higher speeds is normal, but excessive shaking or wobbling indicates a potential problem that needs to be checked.
Ceiling Fan Repairs and Maintenance
Our Sacramento-licensed electricians know how to install, service, and repair ceiling fans of all designs. We have decades of experience in helping homeowners with their electrical issues.
Want to enjoy a 10 percent discount on all our electrical services? Join our Service Partner Maintenance Agreement and let our professional electricians handle all your wiring, fixtures, panel upgrades, outlets, and other projects.
Our plan includes home safety inspections, giving you peace of mind when it comes to your home’s electricity.
Lower Your Bills With a Ceiling Fan
Let AAA Electrical Services install a ceiling fan in your Rancho Cordova, CA, home to help reduce those electric bills and add to your comfort. Call today at 916-972-7515 or request service online for a free quote.